Thursday, June 30, 2011

First Friday Art Walk Exhibit!!!

The Waves, 18x24, acrylic on canvas
 $425
On Friday, July 1st, I will again have the honor of being part of Portland's esteemed First Friday Art Walk. My exhibit will be at the Maine Charitable Mechanics Library, located at 519 Congress St. and right in the heart of the Arts District. Art Walks take place from 5-8 p.m. every first Friday of the month.

For more information on these events, please go to: www.firstfridayartwalk.com
For information on the Mechanics Library, visit: www.mainecharitablemechanicassociation.com

The seven pieces I have created for this show have a different feel than most of my previous work. The first reason being that these have been my first works of art that were created with acrylic paints.
I wrote previously about my battle with finding a medium that works for me. Working with a new medium opens the way to new possibilities that would never have otherwise existed and I am glad to say that my art education is an ongoing one.

For now, I am in love with acrylics. They dry faster than oil paints, do not require framing, are easy to clean up, and allow for a vibrant and expansive color palette. When I look at these pieces, I see the product of overcome obstacles and the start of a new direction (both personally and artistically).

My new series will be available for viewing now through the end of the month so if you can't make it to First Friday, do stop by later! For now, here is a preview of some of the work that will be shown.

This Will Be Televised, 18x24, acrylic on canvas $375

Spherical Symphony, 24x36, acrylic on canvas $800

My Beehive, 11x14, acrylic on canvas $200

No comments:

Post a Comment